Throughout history and fiction, vampires have accrued many different skills and abilities. Amongst the skills, include a pretty long list of psychic abilities.
Self-proclaimed psychics insist that all mortals have this ability, but this has not been scientifically proven, much less demonstrated. Yes, some people just “know” things that others don’t know, and the tests do show abnormal neuron activity in some parts of their brains. But overall, mortals tend not to shape shift, have ESP, or telepathy powers.
Vampires, on the other hand, have the ability to place mind over matter where a normal mortal cannot. These abilities arise from dormant mortal abilities; the dormant cells are immortal cells, which are created by cell deterioration and telomere loss.
- Astral travel/astral projection
- Audiovoyance (ability to see and/or hear spirits and possibly communicate with them)
- Clairaudience (ability to mentally hear things from a distance)
- Clairvoyance (ability to mentally see things from a distance)
- Clairsentience (ability to have knowledge that cannot be explained)
- Extra-sensory perception
- Mind reading
- Psychokinesis (ability to “Read” traces of personal history from an object)
- See and read auras
- Telekinesis (ability to move objects without touching them)
- Thought projection