A sanguinarian vampire is commonly created by being infected by another vampire, but some vampires are genetically prone to becoming a vampire.
A latent sanguinarian vampire will come to his awakening later in life, usually around the teen years, but a latent vampire can develop signs of vampirism at any age and of any religion.
The basic signs of a vampire awakening can be frightening and even painful for someone who isn’t aware of what’s happening.
- Extreme and unquenchable thirst (unless blood is consumed, on accident and usually their own in the beginning)
- The taste of blood creates more energy
- Feelings of euphoria, relaxation and heightened senses when near blood
- An insatiable desire to consume blood
- Oversensitivity to sunlight
- Either difficulty tanning or easily tanned
- Feelings of anger and rapid mood swings
- Psychic abilities
- Empathic thoughts around others
- New food allergies
- Chronic and cycling bouts of depression
- Migraines and possible GI problems
- Overemotional or melodramatic
- Heightened physical senses (hearing, smell, taste and touch)
- Tendency to be more active at night
- Withdrawal from family and friends
- Sudden strength
Sanguinarian vampires usually do not experience levitation, shape-shifting or other physical powers.